CHD Custom Laptop – Dell Latitude 5400 – 8th Gen i5 1.6Ghz 8365U (8 threads) – 16GB DDR4 – 256GB nVME SSD – 14″ FHD Display
This is a Dell Latitude 5400 – VERY nice and VERY light machine, with great performance. The machine is quite nice, would be a great upgrade for most users.
CPU – Intel 8th Gen i5 8365U @ 1.6Ghz – 8 Threads – very fast
RAM – 16GB DDR4
Storage – 256GB m.2 NVMe SSD – very FAST and awesome SSD
Display – 14″ FHD display (1920×1080 resolution)
- 3xUSB 3.0 SS ports
- 1x USB-C (Thunderbolt) ports
- HDMI out
- Gbit LAN
- Micro SD card reader
- headset jack (headphone/mic combined)
- FAST Wifi and Bluetooth
- NEW BATTERY with great life
- very responsive machine great performance
- Back lit keyboard
- webcam (with privacy slider – see pictures)
- 2x built-in mouse types
Software / Operating System Details
All CHD Re-builds come with LINUX installed as the OS. Generally the Linux installation will be customized Ubuntu 22.04 with Cinnamon Desktop. The OS is configured to make it an EASY SWITCH from WINDOWS.
All CHD Machines are professionally cleaned, upgraded, and refurbished. Every machine comes with a MINIMUM of an SSD upgrade, most have RAM upgrades as well. All Machines are INDIVIDUALLY TESTED prior to shipping for at least 8 hours, and all hardware tested.
All systems have the ‘computrace’ tracking software disabled at the BIOS level (when possible), But even if computrace is not disabled at the BIOS level, installing linux makes Computrace useless, as it relies upon Windows-based rootkit software to function. as well as ‘Intel Management Engine’ disabled at the BIOS level (when possible). (These BIOS additions allow 3rd party access to the system, and therefore have been disabled by default whenever possible. Each system’s specifications will include details where necessary.)
Ubuntu Desktop has been CUSTOMIZED to ‘feel’ like Windows, for users switching from Windows, it should be a really nice and simple switch.
Theme customizations for ease of use, and clean visual appeal. Also modifications to other settings for ease of function and better overall feel.
Qortal Core and Qortal UI pre-installed, along with a startup configuration for the Qortal Core, so it will start automatically, and the Qortal Core icon will show on the taskbar. Default Qortal settings.
CHD’s own ‘auto-fix-qortal’ scripts setup to run automatically both at reboot and every 5 days at 1:01 AM, to ensure your Qortal software is always at the latest release, and if it isn’t, FIXES IT FOR YOU.
Power management customization to prevent machine from ‘sleeping’ so that Qortal Core can run without issues. Also configured to ‘do nothing’ when laptop lid is closed, to allow Qortal to keep running even while screen is closed.
Default Software Installed (much more than what is listed) (Special Requests Possible):
- Audio/video player software – VLC media player (best media player and converter that exists in CHD opinion)
- Open Office (Document, spreadsheet, database, presentation editor)
- Chromium Browser (set to default browser) – with hardware acceleration enabled – Firefox browser also installed. – Tor and/or I2P can be installed upon request.
- GiMP image manipulation software (photoshop alternative)
- Imagick (vector graphics editor)
- Qortal Core and Qortal UI (including ‘launchers’ in the panel and on the desktop)
- Qortal Core GUI auto-start
- Qortal Automation Scripts to automatically recover node if Qortal Core happens to fall behind in release version. Just keeping machines running should keep node always good.
- Everything you’ll need for home/office/school computer, and much more!
- Any other open source software can be installed upon request. Make request when submitting order.
There are no reviews yet.