Customized Laptop – Dell Precision 7510 Workstation
This is a customized Dell Precision 7510 Workstation, a VERY nice workstation machine with nVidia Quadro Graphics M2000M
This machine has a back lit keyboard, newer wifi and bluetooth, and a 1080P FHD display. 32GB of RAM and 512GB SATA SSD
This is a VERY nice VERY fast Workstation machine with Quadro GPU and 15.6″ FHD Display. Will work perfectly for any professional scenario. ME, TPM, Computrace DISABLED.
Screen Size – 15.6″ display 1080P Full HD (1920×1080 resolutiion)
CPU – Intel i7 6th Gen (6820HQ) – 8 compute threads.
RAM – 32GB DDR4
Storage – 512GB SATA SSD – benchmarks quite fast.
- 4xUSB 3.0 SS ports and USB-C port
- HDMI, and Micro Display Port out
- Gigabit LAN
- 2x built-in mouse types
- Fingerprint reader
- TPM, Computrace, and ME disabled in BIOS
- SD card reader and EC+MC card slots
- FAST Wifi and Bluetooth
- DVD-RW disk drive – option to burn DVDs 🙂
- NEW battery
- Headphone/Mic jack
- back lit keyboard FULL SIZE with numpad
- NEW Power Adapter with lighted tip
- HD Webcam
Software / Operating System Details
All CHD Re-builds come with LINUX installed as the OS. Generally the Linux installation will be customized Ubuntu 22.04 with Cinnamon Desktop. The OS is configured to make it an EASY SWITCH from WINDOWS.
All systems have the ‘computrace’ tracking software disabled at the BIOS level (when possible), But even if computrace is not disabled at the BIOS level, installing linux makes Computrace useless, as it relies upon Windows-based rootkit software to function. as well as ‘Intel Management Engine’ disabled at the BIOS level (when possible). (These BIOS additions allow 3rd party access to the system, and therefore have been disabled by default whenever possible. Each system’s specifications will include details where necessary.)
Ubuntu Desktop has been CUSTOMIZED to ‘feel’ like Windows, for users switching from Windows, it should be a really nice and simple switch.
Theme customizations for ease of use, and clean visual appeal. Also modifications to other settings for ease of function and better overall feel.
Qortal Core and Qortal UI pre-installed, along with a startup configuration for the Qortal Core, so it will start automatically, and the Qortal Core icon will show on the taskbar. Default Qortal settings.
CHD’s own ‘auto-fix-qortal’ scripts setup to run automatically both at reboot and every 5 days at 1:01 AM, to ensure your Qortal software is always at the latest release, and if it isn’t, FIXES IT FOR YOU.
Power management customization to prevent machine from ‘sleeping’ so that Qortal Core can run without issues. Also configured to ‘do nothing’ when laptop lid is closed, to allow Qortal to keep running even while screen is closed.
Default Software Installed (much more than what is listed):
- Audio/video player software – VLC media player (best media player and converter that exists in CHD opinion)
- Open Office (Document, spreadsheet, database, presentation editor)
- Chromium Browser (set to default browser) – with hardware acceleration enabled.
- GiMP image manipulation software (photoshop alternative)
- Imagick (vector graphics editor)
- Qortal Core and Qortal UI (including ‘launchers’ in the panel and on the desktop)
- Qortal Core GUI auto-start
- Everything you’ll need for home/office/school computer, and much more!