MAXED OUT – Elite Workstation Laptop – Dell Precision 5520 – XEON (server-class 8 threads) CPU E3-1505M @3.0ghz – NEW 64GB DDR4 RAM – nVidia Quadro GPU – 15.6″ 4K TOUCHSCREEN – NEW 4TB nVME SSD – USB-C to USB3.0 dock + multi-display out + Gbit LAN adapter
This is a customized Dell Precision 5520 Workstation Machine – VERY FAST, VERY NICE, with a XEON server-class CPU with 8 threads. This thing is awesome. 15.6″ 4K TOUCHSCREEN, perfect for any task, including those that utilize more graphics processing power! This one also has a NEW 4TB nVME SSD with SLC-cache for extreme storage performance.
This machine has a discrete nVidia Quadro M1200 GPU keyboard, fast wifi and bluetooth, and 4K TOUCHSCREEN. This computer will handle whatever you throw at it! With BRAND NEW 64GB of DDR4 MEMORY and an 8 thread XEON CPU.
Machine would make a fantastic graphics or video editing machine, or a complete desktop replacement and upgrade. Extremely powerful machine that will do it all, with TOUCH capability.
CPU – Intel XEON E3-1505M @3.0Ghz – 8 server-class threads
RAM – BRAND NEW 64GB upgraded DDR4 modules by Corsair Vengeance (benchmarks VERY fast.)
Storage – BRAND NEW 4TB nVME m.2 SSD – SLC-Cache for extreme storage performance
Display – 15.6″ 4K TOUCHSCREEN (3840×2160 resolution) with nVidia Quadro M1200 Workstation GPU (4GB) (CAD, Video Editing, etc.)
- 2xUSB 3.0 SS ports
- 1xUSB-C (Thunderbolt) port
- SD card reader
- SHD webcam
- Headset Jack
- HDMI out
- FAST Wifi and Bluetooth
- Brand NEW extended capacity battery (96wh)
- NEW power adapter with lighted tip
- Back lit very nice keyboard
- Oversized touchpad
- + additional USB-C to USB3.0 dock with multi-display, USB-C, USB-A, and GIGABIT LAN PORT (NEW)
Software / Operating System Details
All CHD Re-builds come with LINUX installed as the OS. Generally the Linux installation will be customized Ubuntu 22.04 with Cinnamon Desktop. The OS is configured to make it an EASY SWITCH from WINDOWS.
All CHD Machines are professionally cleaned, upgraded, and refurbished. Every machine comes with a MINIMUM of an SSD upgrade, most have RAM upgrades as well. All Machines are INDIVIDUALLY TESTED prior to shipping for at least 8 hours, and all hardware tested.
All systems have the ‘computrace’ tracking software disabled at the BIOS level (when possible), But even if computrace is not disabled at the BIOS level, installing linux makes Computrace useless, as it relies upon Windows-based rootkit software to function. as well as ‘Intel Management Engine’ disabled at the BIOS level (when possible). (These BIOS additions allow 3rd party access to the system, and therefore have been disabled by default whenever possible. Each system’s specifications will include details where necessary.)
Ubuntu Desktop has been CUSTOMIZED to ‘feel’ like Windows, for users switching from Windows, it should be a really nice and simple switch.
Theme customization for ease of use, and clean visual appeal. Also modifications to other settings for ease of function and better overall feel.
Qortal Core and Qortal UI pre-installed, along with a startup configuration for the Qortal Core, so it will start automatically, and the Qortal Core icon will show on the taskbar. Default Qortal settings.
CHD’s own ‘auto-fix-qortal’ scripts setup to run automatically both at reboot and every 5 days at 1:01 AM, to ensure your Qortal software is always at the latest release, and if it isn’t, FIXES IT FOR YOU.
Power management customization to prevent machine from ‘sleeping’ so that Qortal Core can run without issues. Also configured to ‘do nothing’ when laptop lid is closed, to allow Qortal to keep running even while screen is closed.
Default Software Installed (much more than what is listed) (Special Requests Possible):
- Audio/video player software – VLC media player (best media player and converter that exists in CHD opinion)
- Open Office (Document, spreadsheet, database, presentation editor)
- Chromium Browser (set to default browser) – with hardware acceleration enabled – Firefox browser also installed. – Tor and/or I2P can be installed upon request.
- GiMP image manipulation software (Photoshop alternative)
- Imagick (vector graphics editor)
- Qortal Core and Qortal UI (including ‘launchers’ in the panel and on the desktop)
- Qortal Core GUI auto-start
- Qortal Automation Scripts to automatically recover node if Qortal Core happens to fall behind in release version. Just keeping machines running should keep node always good.
- Everything you’ll need for home/office/school computer, and much more!
- Any other open source software can be installed upon request. Make request when submitting order.